Are passionate about building channels that will connect contractors with software that can change how they run their businesses – and change their lives. You have a proven track-record of building top notch marketing teams, and performance in the digital marketing landscape. You have the discipline and passion to make data-driven decisions, and a keen understanding of how blending the right mix of channels, combined with advanced tactics and execution, leads to exceptional results.
At Joist, we have a simple mission: make contractors heroes. Joist provides a mobile and web application for small business contractors to estimate, invoice, record and process payments, and manage projects from anywhere. From humble beginnings we're now helping over 600k contractors across North America, the UK and Australia! Making us the largest trades platform in the world!
Located at our downtown Toronto office, in the vibrant King West neighborhood. Top floor brick and beam building, with close proximity to startups, VCs, the best coffee shops, lunch and more!
As the Director of Marketing, you will be responsible for building and leading the marketing team, guiding day-to-day tactics and execution, and working closely with the, Product, Engineering, Sales, and Customer Success teams to build a customer experience. Your primary objective is to drive growth of paying users on the Joist platform. By creating and optimizing new marketing channels, supporting the user journey with marketing content, and using other tactics to drive customers to pay for Joist.
- Market Intelligence – Be the expert on our contractors. You love getting to know your users, developing deep empathy for their experience using the product, and understanding their needs at different phases of their lifecycle to drive activations and revenue.
- Growth of Channels – Leverage industry knowledge and creative marketing tactics to test into new channels, build partnerships, and create new reliable lead sources.
- Data-driven Decision Making - Track funnel performance, challenge channel performance, and work toward evolving attribution tracking to a more sophisticated state. Maintain a dashboard of KPIs visible to the business and executive team, and use CPA, LTV, and payback-period KPIs to inform how marketing's initiatives are impacting revenue generation for the company.
- Lead Generation – Planning and executing SEM, Social, Display, ABM, and in-app messaging campaigns that result in prospective buying users.
- Product Marketing – Work with company leadership to optimize product messaging and branding, making the value proposition of Joist clearer and more desirable to users. Be the product team advisor and advocate of roadmap features that will generate net new sales.
- Strategic Growth of Campaigns – You will be responsible for driving advanced execution of campaigns to penetrate strategic partner relationships, and support event success.
- Lead Nurturing – Work closely with the product, and sales team to craft lead nurturing flows that assist in lead qualification and lead warming.
- Customer Engagement/Retention – Work closely with the Customer Success team to craft automated ongoing communication that promotes the company’s thought leadership and maintains trust with customers.
- 7+ years' marketing experience including Lead Generation, SEO, SEM, Email Marketing and Customer Acquisition
- Bachelor’s in business or marketing
- Prior management of advertising budgets in a performance marketing environment
- Proven accountability for lead generation, revenue growth and associated KPIs.
- Experience in B2B, SAAS or SMB market
- Proven record building and growing SaaS or technology companies
- Knowledge of the inner workings of the home services market
- Passionate about growing and building a business to its full potential
- Excellent leadership, energy, judgment, communication, interpersonal, management and analytical skills required; approachable and able to resolve conflict
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Robust medical & dental benefits
- Prime downtown Toronto office location
- Awesome team events
- Pet friendly office
- Super interesting team lunch’n’learns
- Free healthy snacks & coffee