HealthWatch is a Chronic Care Management professional service and we’re searching for experienced clinical staff who thrive on patient engagement to join our team in either Knoxville, TN or Indianapolis, IN. We need passionate, hardworking & devoted individuals to fill this new space, so if it sounds like you please apply.
As the Medical Care Coordinator, you will be responsible for engaging with patients monthly by telephone to review their Care Plan and chronic conditions. You will work as an extension of their physician to provide exceptional care in-between their scheduled office visits.
HealthWatch, a division of iSalus Healthcare is a leading provider of Chronic Care Management services to physician practices across the nation.
HeathWatch’s national headquarters are located in Indianapolis, IN. This role can be based anywhere in the United States, as long as you have reliable access to internet and a quiet work environment.
- To conduct exemplary professionalism and compassion when dealing with every patient.
- To call patients monthly to discuss health concerns and update medical history changes in the EMR on behalf of their doctor.
- To accurately and professionally document the concerns of each patient you speak with and contact the doctor’s office when health concerns need escalated.
- To work on the patient’s behalf to fulfill their healthcare needs: Examples: finding medication coupons, assistance will medication refills, patient education on symptom management, assistance with scheduling doctor’s appointments, education on local services available to the patient, etc.
- To work diligently to monitor and manage their own patient load each month.
- Reporting Responsibilities:
- Report all communications within the EMR for physicians to review
- Presents to Management unusual circumstances that may include problem lists, dx codes, claims, etc.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A licensed Medical Assistant or Certified Nursing Assistant a plus.
- Must have exceptional communication skills, while maintaining professionalism and etiquette
- Must be bilingual in Spanish
- Must be self-motivated, reliable and hardworking- showing initiative to complete tasks when needed
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be adaptable and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Most importantly, you must show compassion, empathy and do what’s right- always following the healthcare code of ethics.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Robust medical benefits & 401(k)
- Public transportation reimbursement
- Gym stipend
- Start with 17 vacation days plus your birthday off
- Snacks, lunches & happy hours
Please note that you must be eligible to work for any US company without sponsorship to be considered for employment.