Customer Lobby is seeking an experienced Ruby on Rails Developer to add to our team in Oakland, CA. You'll work with an incredible, product-focused team in a fun, supportive office environment. You will also be working with a high performing team of Engineers in India. If you are passionate about making a huge impact at a growing company, we would love to talk!
You love to build great products, you're a leader, whether that means you want to be a strong leading individual contributor, or you want to grow into a tech leader or manager role. You also enjoy challenges and take pride in making a difference through great code. You have the ability to dive into complex problems and learn existing code as well as create new products.
Customer Lobby provides local service businesses with the complete customer retention solution. Our platform automatically identifies the customers that have potential revenue opportunities. Then, we reach out to those customers with personalized postcards, emails, and review requests. The result? More time and more revenue for the businesses that use Customer Lobby.
- Work with Ruby on Rails to build out core platform features.
- Design and architect new features.
- Work on both the frontend and backend to bring your designs to life.
- Take ownership and help test, release and maintain the code you write.
- Work independently to design, create, and unit test RoR APIs and applications.
- Contribute to our winning culture and grow your skills within the Engineering team.
- You will be working with a high performing team of Engineers in India.
- 2+ years experience with Ruby on Rails, Django or equivalent backend MVC framework
- Knowledge of SQL (MySQL / PostgreSQL)
- Integrating with REST, SOAP APIs
- HAML/HTML, SASS, CSS, Twitter Bootstrap and Git.
- Testing frameworks (RSpec).
- Strong analytic and creative problem-solving skills.
- You are interested in career advancement.
- Computer Science degree is helpful, but not required. Relevant experience will be considered.
Bonus Points For:
- Experience working with small teams that have successfully delivered high complexity products on time and with high quality.
- Contributions to an open source project, a dedicated personal website/blog and/or an active GitHub account.
- Strong preference is given to those who have a passion for personal/side projects.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary
- Great benefits
- 17 paid days off and your birthday as a holiday!
- Monthly company paid activities (i.e. happy hour, parties, etc.)
- Catered lunches every Friday
- Kitchen stocked with snacks and drinks
- Casual work environment
- Gym reimbursement
Customer Lobby is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.